Marin Women's Hall of Fame: Nomination Criteria
The Marin Women’s Hall of Fame
seeks women who demonstrate a variety of skills, interests, abilities, accomplishments,
and backgrounds. We want to acknowledge
and honor women who have especially addressed issues facing women and girls,
and who have improved the lives of women and girls.
Nominees must have lived and/or worked in Marin.
They may or may not have been previously recognized for their contributions
by any other organization. Nominees
may be posthumous. Selection is
based on the following characteristics and attributes:
Perseverance and vision -
maintaining in the face of obstacle and/or challenging barriers
An eye for change
Accomplishments of lasting
A steadying hand providing
both the vision and reassurance that change can be mastered
Raising social consciousness,
advancing human and/or women’s rights
Promoting opportunities for
women and girls or served as role models for women and girls
An ability to make others
feel empowered to increase and use their own abilities
Conviction and ability to
operate across boundaries
Excellence in a chosen field,
whether in a volunteer or employment capacity
Risk taking, problem solving,
conflict resolution, consensus building
in which to nominate are:
- Business & Professional
- Community Service
- Health and Fitness
- Public Affairs
- Religion and Spirituality
- Science and Medicine
- Social Change
- Sports and Recreation
- Volunteer Leadership
- Youth Leadership
are accepted throughout the year.
Please call 415-455-4900 if you have
1. The NOMINATION FORM is available for download here.
2. Hand-written nomination forms are not acceptable. Hand-written nominations will be returned.
3. Nominations WITH letters of recommendation are NOT acceptable. They will be returned...this includes letters of support which DO NOT qualify as a nomination. Letters of recommendation MAY NOT be substituted for a Nomination Form.
4. All nomination forms will be screened by a confidential, SELECTION COMMITTEE to determine basic eligibility. Nomination forms determined ineligible will be returned. Basic nomination eligibility includes:
5. All applications must be postmarked by midnight November 1st of each year. Nomination forms received with a postmark after November 1st will be considered for the following year.
6. Nomination forms will be kept in our files for three years. We may request additional updated information.
7. If you have any questions regarding the process, please call 415-455-4900. If you question whether or not your nominee has previously been honored, click on Honorees and view the list.
8. Mail completed nomination forms to:
Marin Women's Hall of Fame
P.O. Box 4142
San Rafael, CA 94913-4142
The NOMINATION FORM is available for download here.